There is no doubt that the UAE is one of the most popular tourism and business destinations around the globe. Investors and entrepreneurs look to set up their businesses in Dubai, but also live with their families, requiring them to obtain a visa. Therefore, we provide you with the best residence visa service for you, your workers, and your family.
In this article, we will make sure you understand everything about the entire residence visa application and its importance for ex-pats. Further, the UAE has low processing and legal requirements costs as well as the best possible locations; providing access to key suppliers and global connectivity. In conclusion, the UAE is one of the most attractive countries.
- What is a residence visa?
- How many types of residence visas are there?
- What documents are required to apply for a Dubai residence visa?
- How long will you be allowed to stay in the UAE?
- Does the family visa have regulations?
- Is the residence visa expensive?
- Steps to obtain the residency visa
- How can Connect Business Center provide you with the best resident visa service?
1. What is a residence visa?
This permit allows individuals around the globe to live in the UAE for a specific time period. On the other hand, there are various types and the validity varies from 2 to 10 years and you can renew it multiple times as you require it.
But for those individuals entering to UAE on an employment contract; there are 2 more ways to obtain the best residence visa solutions. That is to say, you must either invest in real estate or start a company in the country.
The benefits of having a UAE residence visa are:
- Access financial facilities and advantages.
- Apply for a driving license in the UAE.
- Access government health insurance and health services.
- Open a business bank account.
- Legally work and invest in any emirate.
- Register your children in private or government schools.
2. How many types of residence visas are there?
The type of residence visa service you need depends on the purpose of your stay in the UAE. The UAE offers 5 types of residence visas stated as follows:
- UAE work visa: foreign nationals who have secured a work permit by finding a job in the UAE. For this type of visa, the minimum age of the worker is 18. Moreover, there 3 more categories: individuals holding at least a bachelor’s degree, individuals with a post-secondary academic diploma, and workers with a high-school diploma.
- The UAE investment visa (long-term): this applies to foreign individuals making a significant investment in the UAE. In addition, this type of visa is valid for a longer period if you compare it with other residence visa solutions (over 10 years). You do not need a sponsor if you qualify.
- The UAE family visa: applies to close family members of UAE international residents or citizens. However, the UAE does not recognize same-sex marriages yet. Besides important criteria such as salary, males can sponsor their wives, daughters, parents, sons, and stepchildren; women can sponsor their children and husbands.
3. What documents are required to apply for a Dubai residence visa?
- 2 passport-sized photos, complying with the UAE visa photo criteria.
- Valid passport.
- Important documents such as marriage and birth certificates if you apply for a family visa.
- Entry visa (entry permit).
- You also must provide extra documents regarding the purpose of your travel.
3.1. Who can sponsor your UAE residence visa?
If you decide to not use a residence visa service, you will need a sponsor. That is to say, sponsors tend to change depending on your type of visa. However, you can sponsor yourself under certain circumstances.
Here are certain criteria for the sponsor entities:
- For family visas, your UAE national family member can act as your sponsor.
- If you have bought a property or have an investment, you can apply by yourself; your property or company will act as your sponsor.
3.2. How can you apply for the residence visa service?
To apply for the residence visa in Dubai, you can simply incorporate a business in the UAE and you will have 3 years of residency under the same.
3.3. What are residence visa fees for Dubai?
The fees in the UAE for the residence visa service depend on the duration of your visa. However, the cost for 1 year of the visa costs approximately AED 1,000.
The aforementioned fees are exclusive of the health insurance and medical exams.
4. How long will you be allowed to stay in the UAE?
Our residence visa service will allow you to stay for two or three years, however, this depends on the purpose of your visit. But, if you are on a retirement or investment visa, you can stay up to 5 to 10 years, which you can renew.
The renewal of your visa is carried out by your sponsor within 30 days before its expiry date. It is also possible to renew an expired visa if it is still in its grace period. Further, the grace period is for 30 days, starting after the expiry date.
Certainly, if you stay beyond a month with an expired visa, you will face penalties of AED 25 for each day for the first six months; AED 50 for each day of the next six months; and AED 100 for each day after a year.
4.1 Renewal process for the residence visa service in 2022
If you are a foreign national currently living in the UAE with your family for a long time; then you should be aware of the renewal visa fees for this year.
On the other hand, the UAE population especially its workforce, consists of ex-pats. And they have resided in the UAE with their families for decades, renewing their residence visa service on an ongoing basis. Moreover, the UAE does not grant residency visas to ex-pats.
Most people visit the country as tourists and continue to stay after their visa expiration date. Therefore, the government sets payment penalties for them. That is to say, foreign nationals must renew their visa before the expiry date to avoid these heavy penalties.
5. Does the family visa have regulations?
Yes. Here is a list of the family visa rules in 2022:
- The type of profession is no longer a criterion for the residence visa service in the UAE.
- Both workers and employers with a minimum salary of AED 4,000 or AED 3,000 plus accommodation and a valid residence visa can sponsor their relatives.
- The government issues the family visa in the UAE depending on the labor contract and the nature of work.
- If the father is currently in the UAE and is able to sponsor his children, the mother cannot sponsor them.
- To obtain the residence visa service in the UAE, the applicant being older than 18 must undergo a medical screening test at a health facility approved by the government.
- Resident sponsors have 2 months to apply for their relatives’ visas after they enter the UAE.
- You must submit an attested marriage certificate in order to sponsor your wife in the UAE. Further, a certified translator must translate the certificate into Arabic.
- In some strict cases, Muslims can sponsor 2 wives if they meet the required eligibility criteria.
- UAE residents can sponsor their daughters if they are single.
- A worker can sponsor both parents. But you must submit a guarantee for each provided by the respective immigration department of their home country.
- Residents can sponsor their son until he is 18; however, if he is a student, you can sponsor him until he is 21.
- An ex-pat resident can sponsor stepchildren subject to guidelines of the GDRFA.
- A female can sponsor her family if she has a residence visa with a minimum monthly salary of AED 8,000 plus accommodation.
- The resident woman must work as a nurse, teacher, doctor, engineer, or any other professional related to the medical sector in any emirate of the UAE.
6. Is the residence visa expensive?
The cost of a residence visa in Dubai or the UAE is based on important factors such as the duration of their residence, if there is insurance required for the relatives, the place of the applicant, etc. Therefore, based on these factors, here is a list of the family visa and residence visa fees for this year:
- A 2-year UAE residence visa service for applicants in Dubai without insurance is approximately AED 3,500.
- The same happens for an applicant in the UAE with insurance, it will be AED 5,280.
- A 2-year family visa for applicants outside Dubai without insurance is approximately AED 2,200.
- The same is for an applicant outside Dubai with insurance, it is AED 4,000.
- A 3-year Dubai residence visa for applicants in Dubai without insurance is approximately AED 3,700.
- However, for an applicant in Dubai with insurance is approximately AED 5,500.
- A 3-year residence visa cost for applicants outside Dubai without insurance will be approximately AED 2,400.
- Some applicants outside Dubai with insurance are approximately AED 4,200.
7. Steps to obtain the residency visa
- Obtain the entry permit: firstly, your sponsor must acquire an identity permit from the Federal Authority for Citizenship and Identity. Further, the General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs also grants the entry permit. In addition, you can complete the process in person from one of the approved GDRFA typing centers.
- Apply for the residence visa: the individual must apply for a residence visa in the UAE at the GDRFA. In the same vein, in Connect Business Center, we can work side-by-side with you and we will assist you to apply; improving massively your chances of approval for the residence permit.
- Pay for your visa: when you start the application process you must pay the residence visa fee. However, this fee varies depending on your visa validity and it tends to vary among employees and investors. For instance, some visas are valid for 2 years for workers and 3 for investors.
- Visa stamping and the Emirates ID: after the approval of your application, the government entity will stamp your residence visa on your passport. This will act as your residence entry permit, allowing you to travel with no issues in the UAE. After that, you will receive your Emirates ID, which is valid for the same duration as your visa.
8. How can Connect Business Center provide you with the best resident visa service?
We understand how difficult it is to successfully complete an immigration process; especially if you are on your own (or without any external assistance). That is why we offer you a comprehensive range of solutions that will allow you to focus on what really matters; your business activities.
On the other hand, we also know the hardships you can go through if you decide to build your own business center. At Connect Business Center, we recommend you take care of this overwhelming process with the best partner in the United Arab Emirates. We will take care of any additional issues that may arise while you establish your business.
In other words, setting up a place to start your organization is one of the first steps, and we can assist you with that and so much more.
Would you like to know how Connect Business Center can provide you with the best office spaces in the UAE? You can call us anytime you want at +971 43 316 688 if you want detailed information about our solutions. Or if you have additional inquiries about our office spaces you can email us at email@example.com.
If you want to access the best job opportunities in the Middle East or the UAE, access thetalentpoint.com. In addition, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org where we will not store it. Finding a job in the UAE is easy if you do it with us.