Ejari services in Dubai can be a mystery to newcomers and may surprise long-term residents. This system helps resolve common rental disputes and protects tenants from fraud. Likewise, the responsibility for signing a lease with this program rests with both the landlord and the tenant.
In this article, you will learn everything about Ejari Services in Dubai. Therefore, you will know all the benefits and services included in this program. Likewise, you can find out what it is about and how Connect Business Center can help you and guarantee safety in any procedure you need.
- What is Ejari?
- How can you register in Ejari?
- What are the 3 forms of registrations in Ejari?
- What documents do you need to register in the Ejari program?
- Benefits of Ejari
- What does the Ejari service include?
- Tips to keep in mind regarding Ejari services in Dubai
- How can Connect Business Center help you to register in the Ejari program in Dubai?
1. What is Ejari?
Ejari is a system that governs contracts between landlords and tenants in Dubai. This way, all individuals and real estate companies that are owners must register their leases through the Ejari program. In this way, its design was ideal to ensure that the lease contracts are fair and transparent for the parties involved and that all their terms and conditions are clearly explained.
1.1. Is the Ejari program mandatory in Dubai?
Registration in the rental program is mandatory. This system is set up to ensure that all private rental agreements are converted into legally and structurally binding documents in a format approved by the government. Ejari is important because it keeps all your information protected, organized, and maintains these records with the Dubai Electricity and Water Authority (DEWA) and the Real Estate Regulatory Authority (RERA).
On the other hand, it is a useful aspect of this program as it guarantees your right to appear in court if you have a problem with your landlord and ask the court to consider your case. Consequently, if you do not enroll in an Ejari program, the court will automatically dismiss your case.
2. How can you register in Ejari?
The registration of the lease with this program is the responsibility of the lessor. Usually, the owner gives it to the real estate agent. However, in practice, the tenant will complete the process and pay the required fee. This way, you must ensure that you understand and comply with all advance payments, term contracts, and rental amounts in your Ejari program.
So, it will cost you AED 220 to register the lease with Ejari at the typing center. Then, you can go to the typing centers at Al Manara Center, Al Barsha Mall, Oud Metha, Port Saeed, or Zabeel to register for this program.
You will need to complete a registration form upon arrival, so make sure you have your new address, rental number, and any necessary documents with you. After successful registration, you will receive your official Ejari contract, which includes a unique Ejari ID number. Additionally, you will use this number to log in to your Dubai Electricity and Water Authority account.
We have answers to some questions or doubts you may have; you can clarify them with the frequently asked questions about the Ejari registration process in the Emirate of Dubai. We offer you all the ease for your process.
2.1. How can you register for the Ejari program through the mobile application?
Alternatively, you can sign your lease and upload your documents using the official Ejari app.
- You can sign a lease with Ejari through the official app.
- Download the Ejari app.
- Check your Emirates ID, passport, and visa copy.
- Upload documents including lease agreement, Emirates ID, passports, copies of landlord and tenant visas, and copies of title deeds to the application.
- Your landlord must register in the Ejari app.
- After the application documents are approved, an Ejari certificate will be issued within two business days.
- You must pay AED 172 to register for the Ejari program through the app.
Your formal rental agreement will include a unique rental identification number. So, you can use that number for DEWA account registration, which you can now easily complete online. Please note that if you intend to renew your contract for the same location next year, you must complete an Ejari registration for the new contract.
We encourage you to familiarize yourself with the system, as you can use it for all rental transactions, including renewals, transfers, and cancellations.
3. What are the 3 forms of registrations in Ejari?
3.1. The owner or the real estate management company makes the contract:
So, this is the most common cause, especially when it is rented directly from the owners of the premises. The landlord or the official property management company acting on his behalf registers the lease in the Ejari system. Tenants typically pay a fee for this, but they will not have to do anything other than present identification. So, some real estate agents also act as property management companies.
3.2. Tenants register contracts online:
This is a relatively new system that you can implement using the “Dubai REST” app, the official government app for real estate. The process is simple if the owner is tech-savvy enough to install the app. Also, if the owner is not or cannot be contacted, this must be done in person.
3.3. The tenants register the contract:
So, there are five Ejari offices in Dubai. The tenant comes with the required documents and the employee will verify the documents, enter them into the system and provide the Ejari Certificate on the spot. Therefore, if you are lucky enough to have the correct documents from your real estate agent, the process should be relatively straightforward.
However, there are many pitfalls and if it is important it can be a huge waste of time and can lead to delays at other locations or utility delivery.
4. What documents do you need to register in the Ejari program?
- Original signed lease agreement.
- Get a deposit.
- Tenant’s passport.
- UAE visa for the tenant.
- Emirati DNI of the lessee.
- A copy of the owner’s passport.
- Delivery of a current copy of a power of attorney.
- Copy of the property title of the leased property.
- The DEWA installation number consists of 9 digits. Also, they accept copies of current DEWA bills.
- Your old DEWA and Ejari bills if you are renewing.
- License to operate (for commercial property).
There are several documents necessary for registering Ejari tenancy contracts. This way, you must be sure that you meet all the requirements.
5. Benefits of Ejari
With Ejari, both parties to a lease exist equally, providing protection to owners, management companies, and tenants, and agreeing to the terms of each lease. Therefore, the solution also aims to establish clear payment terms to protect the interests of the parties paying rent in advance.
Once the registration process is complete, the rental receipt can be generated through the system. One of the main advantages of the Ejari services in Dubai are the consolidation and standardization of rental contracts, ease of use, and time savings in the production of documents and receipts necessary for rental contracts.
- Access to official and updated information on all rental properties in Dubai.
- A method to create a certified lease with a standard lease receipt.
- The ability to protect the interests of owners and tenants by maintaining detailed information about the lease.
- Has full ability to audit transactions in case of disputes.
So, Ejari works to create and maintain a trusted and regulated community environment for real estate in Dubai, for the benefit of owners and tenants through full transparency. Also, you can read more benefits of registering for Ejari in a city like Dubai.
6. What does the Ejari service include?
- Validation of the lease.
- Termination of the lease
- Issuance of a lease book to record land that is not in the Land Department system.
- Concession of all types of planning (land, solar, and building).
- Modify ownership data (individual owners, not companies)
- Issuance of a property title instead of the lost or damaged title.
- Real Estate Valuation Fund (only units such as apartments, offices, or commercial premises).
- Registration of Rental Dispute Cases (first instance or conciliation).
- Issuance of a certificate of ownership.
7. Tips to keep in mind regarding Ejari services in Dubai
- As with all government buildings in Dubai, please dress modestly.
- The rent can be in the name of a single tenant. In the case of a joint tenancy, the main tenant selects you to sign the contract.
- The contract must be typed, not handwritten.
- Make sure the owner’s signature appears on the ID and matches the signature on the lease. If it does not match, ask them to re-sign the contract based on who they are.
- Most leases are subject to the formal rental form found here. There is not enough space to add all of the exact terms required for a full lease, so additional terms may be attached as appendices.
- Make sure all pages of the extension are properly signed and dated.
- If the owner is not available to check in person, scans may be accepted; however, scans and prints must be of high quality.
- Make sure the title to the property on the deed matches the contract.
- If the lease is a renewal, make sure there is no gap or overlap between the end date of the old lease and the start date of the new lease.
- Make sure the DEWA website number is included in the contract. In the case of apartments, the room number may be written outside the front door, usually on the frame. In the case of villas, they are usually located somewhere in front of the building, next to the garage.
- Make sure your credentials do not expire, even for a month.
- Make sure the internet is enabled on your phone in case you need to send documents.
There are many more things you should know about Ejari services in Dubai. However, with our guidance, you can get through this process safely.
8. How can Connect Business Center help you to register in the Ejari program in Dubai?
There are different types of real estate activities that require you to obtain different types of licenses depending on the one you need and the rules and regulations set forth by RERA. Likewise, many online pages can help you with the process. Your best option is Connect Business Center, as we can help you obtain the corresponding Real Estate License and comply with the necessary regulatory and application procedures.
Likewise, our center provides services in a transparent, precise, and fair manner, ensuring customer satisfaction through our experienced and dedicated team, while emphasizing the quality and efficiency of service provision.
So, we believe in teamwork, training our employees in the latest ways and means of providing service to ensure that our customers have a pleasant experience with us and the process is easier and more comfortable for you, we guarantee confidence, speed, and security.
On the other hand, we offer you the best services you want. So, if you want to receive more information about any process you need to do, we offer you services from how to apply for a temporary office for rent in Dubai to shared office space.
Would you like to contact Business Center to obtain more information about Ejari services in Dubai? If you need our help and services, call us at +97143316688 or you can send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, we will be more than happy and grateful to advise you and give you all the information you need to carry out the process.
If you want to work with us, please enter thetalentpoint.com. CVs and resumes sent to contact@thetalentpoint will not be stored. You can send it right now!