The Dubai Health Authority (DHA) license is a document issued to any health professional who plans to work and also reside in Dubai. In addition; this license is not only for expatriates, as any health professional is required to obtain it.
In this article; we will examine what you need to know if you are thinking of pursuing a medical career in Dubai. Therefore, you will also find what you will need to apply for a DHA license, and, a variety of information about it. Let us now observe:
- What is the DHA license exam?
- How to get your license when you are starting your business?
- For which business structures can licensing services be obtained?
- Why opt for the DHA exam?
- Is there a minimum to pass the DHA exam?
- How many times can you take the DHA exam?
- Who can apply for a DHA license?
- Documents required to get a DHA license
- Steps to follow to obtain a DHA license
- Estimated time to receive the license
- How to renew your DHA license?
- Documents required for the immediate renewal of your DHA professional license
- How can we help you obtain your DHA license in Dubai?
1. What is the DHA license exam?
The DHA license exam is the test that each physician must pass if they wish to practice in the healthcare sector in Dubai and the UAE. In addition, it is an exam based on 70 multiple-choice questions (MCQs), which must be completed within an allotted time of 2 hours.
2. How to get your license when you are starting your business?
If you want to start a business and want information about licensing services in Dubai, you can contact the leading business center in Dubai.
You will find everything related to licensing services, in addition to office services, company set-up services, and visa services for foreigners.2
3. For which business structures can licensing services be obtained?
3.1 Sole Proprietorship
The main characteristic of a Sole Proprietorship is that it is the exclusive property of a single individual, not a company. That is to say, this person owns 100% of the business; also, controls all its operations, and obtains 100% of the profits.
3.2 Civil Company (Recognized Professions)
A Civil Company is a business association for professionals in recognized fields, such as doctors, lawyers, engineers, and accountants.
3.3 Limited Liability Company (LLC)
Limited Liability Companies are authorized to carry out any industrial or commercial activity, but not professional, except insurance, investment, or banking activities.
3.4 Private Shareholding Company (Private Joint-Stock Company)
A Private Joint Stock Company or Private Shareholding Company is a corporation consisting of at least three individuals. Also, the members must contribute a minimum capital of AED 2,000,000 to the company.
3.5 Simple Limited Partnership
Composed of at least two members; a Simple Limited Partnership implies at least one general partner and at least one limited partner.
3.6 Foreign Company Branch of Representative Office
A Branch is a subsidiary of a company that is registered in an area different from the main office.
4. Why opt for the DHA license exam?
Dubai is facing a growing demand in terms of health regulations. Also, a new drive for qualitative living coupled with the opening up of the healthcare sector. Therefore, it needs experienced professionals, and consequently, working in Dubai offers many advantages, such as free-living quarters; medical and life insurance.
You know that Dubai is one of the most luxurious cities in the Emirates. Consequently; the lifestyle is also expensive. That is why Dubai offers you quality medical services, and the salaries paid to health professionals are also very high, compared to other places.
Before you decide to enjoy the benefits of working as a healthcare professional in Dubai, you need to overcome several hurdles. In the same vein; the biggest of all is the Dubai DHA license service exam; and upon passing the exam, you will see the benefits and life changes.
Remember that if you would like to figure in Dubai, you may also need visa advice. For this reason, you cannot miss the chance of being guided by our leading Visa Services Team, specially trained for this purpose.
5. Is there a minimum to pass the DHA exam?
Obtaining 60% of the score within the referred test is enough to think about passing the DHA license, and thus to be ready to perform within the healthcare sector in Dubai.
6. How many times can you take the DHA exam?
If it is the primary attempt, and you have got not been able to pass the minimum standards of the test, you will have a go at it up to three times. In this way, you will be able to try consecutively to realize your goal.
7. Who can apply for a DHA license?
All those professionals working within the medical fields of treatment and cure, both alternative and complementary, and offering medical services, are eligible for a DHA license in Dubai. But, DHA licensing agencies have certain criteria for issuance of this license:
- General practitioners and dentists.
- Allied health guilds, physiotherapists, nurses, midwives, pharmacists, etc.
- Specialists and also consultants.
We must as well consider healthcare centers; because their delegated representatives or investors may also apply for a DHA license in Dubai.
8. Documents required to get a DHA license
You should note that to use for the DHA license service in Dubai, you may need these documents:
- Passport copy.
- Passport size photograph.
- Educational qualification.
- Certificates of experience.
- License to practice your activity.
- Letter of good standing.
- For medical surgeons, a book showing two years of surgical records is required.
At the time of application, you must submit a certificate of malpractice insurance from the company issuing the position and a letter of offer.
9. Steps to follow to obtain a DHA license
9.1 Self-Assessment Tool:
- Have completed initial self-assessment.
- To access the Self Evaluation, you must log in to the SHERYAN portal. Thus, you must enter and submit the required information.
- The portal will then determine if you are eligible to join the Dubai medical registry. To clarify, this is based on the information you have provided.
- If you are not eligible, you have the option to do a manual review of your profile. Therefore; if you are qualified, you can proceed to the next step.
- What you need for manual review:
- Submit an online application of the required documents in detail.
- Payment of fees.
- You must wait for your DHA license service review. This could take up to 10 days.
9.2 Creating your SHERYAN account
In the DHA SHERYAN portal, you must create a personal ID. That is to say; you need to set up your registry before starting the licensing process:
- Log into the DHA portal “single sign-on”.
- Click on “Register new account”.
- Enter the information requested.
- Click on the “register” button.
- You will receive an email with your account authentication details.
You must register with DHA SHERYAN. As a result, you will be formally allowed to process your license application.
- Click on “Register a Professional”.
- Enter the option requested by the system.
- Upload the documents.
- Make a payment of DHA registration fees and submit.
- Your submission will be reviewed through DHA’s UAE licensing service, as well as your test results and primary source verification (PSV). Therefore, your application will be approved, rejected, or returned (if more information is needed).
9.4 Verification of the profile provided and proof
Confirmation of the authenticity of your profile will be done, by the UAE DHA license service department. That is to say; those who are eligible candidates for the DHA license have to obtain their Primary Source Verification (PSV) first.
Please note that the PSV serves to select professional applicants; that they requested the license with verified educational background and qualifications. Thus, the person who has made the application, while the PSV occurs, can advance the next step, which is the accomplishment of booking their verification test.
You can book this test online from the same website where you made the first request. Likewise, please note that this test has a higher fee for physicians and dentists than other healthcare professionals.
The DHA license service in the UAE, requests an assessment for health professionals, especially physicians, dentists, and nurses, in which the skill and experience levels of applicants will be determined.
9.5 Activation of the professional license
By the time you have passed the oral assessment, you will be registered with the UAE DHA license service in Dubai.
Now you need to activate your professional license. You can do this through your SHERYAN account; you turn on the licensing, submit the offer letter and malpractice insurance certificate, and pay the activation fees.
DHA licenses are given to medical professionals who already have offers of employment from DHA-recognized healthcare facilities. Therefore, it is customary for doctors to complete all the previous steps of such a license, up to and including the verification exam, and then they look for work in Dubai.
The above is reasonable; because finding job offers in Dubai is easier if the employer is aware that you are an eligible candidate and; you passed the DHA license exam.
10. Estimated time to receive the license
The candidate will be notified of the result of the DHA license examination. However, the notification received by the participant will not specify the score obtained. Therefore, in the response, the participant will only find whether the exam was passed or failed.
If you pass the exam, you will be issued a letter of eligibility, which will be valid for one year from the day of the results. On the other hand, if you do not pass the exam, you will need to apply for the test again.
The estimated time for receiving the license after submitting all that documents is approximately 2 (working) days. After that; the applicant will be approved and accredited to practice in the territory of Dubai.
Remember that if you want to start your independent enterprise, you can count on our guidance on how to start a business in Dubai as a foreigner.
11. How to renew your DHA license?
It is necessary to renew your license certificate annually. You can do this renewal online. Consequently, you must make sure to follow a few small steps below to renew your license.
Here are the detailed steps to renew your DHA license service in Dubai:
- Visit the DHA portal.
- Select the option “Renew Professional Certificates”.
- Select the option “Access this service”.
- Log in to your SHERYAN account.
- Submit the information and documents related to the process.
- Make the payment and click submit.
- Receive your professional license renewal.
12. Documents required for the immediate renewal of your DHA professional license:
- Identity card (Valid for the Emirates).
- Legible copy of valid passport.
- Certificate of medical fitness (applies to practitioners sixty-five years of age or older).
- Current certificate of medical malpractice insurance.
13. How can we help you obtain your DHA license in Dubai?
Any professional in the medical field who wishes to practice in Dubai needs to know the minimum requirements to practice professionally. Thus, the main requirement is to have a DHA license. In addition, the main advantage of having this license is that it allows you to work legally.
We can offer you some additional advice about the renovation of your license. Moreover, we are at your disposal to answer any questions you may have regarding the processing of your with our Dubai DHA license service.
Are you interested in learning more about acquiring a DHA license in Dubai? You can email us at email@example.com. Then, you will find a highly qualified representative to assist you.
You can currently send us your application by submitting your CV to thetalentpoint.com. In addition; we will not keep the CVs that you send to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are at your service.